For those who are not into meditation, they see it a foolish activity not to mention a waste of time. It is high time that you should be enlightened. Meditation can do so much if only you give it a chance. It can be a tool for your mind which can combat stress and promotes physical health.
It does not end there because meditation can also help you with chronic pain. As if it is not enough, meditation can facilitate sleep and inner peace. On deeper sense, meditation can be your doorway to the unknown – it can assist you comprehend the mystery of who you are and many more. You will then realize that the mind is unruly and starting it may be difficult especially with all the things that is going on in your mind.
If you are just starting with meditation, do not stress yourself with taming your mind immediately. The mind being unruly is completely natural that is why you need to find some peacefulness and clarity. Meditation can help you with that. Here are some meditating tips that you can consider:
- Posture: The first thing that you should practice is good posture whether you are meditating or not. In meditation, posture is important because it can ease clearing the mind. If you are slumped, your mind will surely drift. You have to make sure that your spine is straight with head up.
- Eyes: You have to at least try and keep your eyes open. Some people find it easier to close eyes but the disadvantage of this is allowing your mind to wonder and drift away. You will be flooded with thoughts and stories. When you open eyes, just lower it and let gaze be easy. However if you feel more comfortable with eyes close, do it.
- Breath: You should pay attention with your breathing if you want to anchor yourself in the now. Do not be too conscious of your breathing – allow it to be natural. Try counting your breath if you are having difficulties with settling.
- Emotions: It is hard to meditate if you are struggling with strong emotions like anger, fear and shame. These emotions can breed unpleasant thoughts and stories. This will make meditation more difficult. The best thing to do here is to focus on the body and the feelings that accompany such emotions.
- Length: If you are a beginner, start with 10 minutes of meditation then gradually increase as you go along. Do not force yourself to do more. Do what feels right. It doesn’t matter whether it is 10 minutes or 1 hour. The important thing is you meditated.
Singapore can drown you that is why you need to meditate and shrug off things that are slowing you down.